I usually don't post about such practical things like this; but since it's my blog, it's my rules. ;)
AND, after the experience I had last night, it's a great reminder for all of us to be aware of our surroundings and able to react in a positive way if something should come up.
So anyways, last night (or rather, this morning) around 2:30 the fire alarm went off in the 2nd floor hallway of our apartment building. It's the first time it's happened since we've lived here...and of course it freaked me out! Luckily Braden is a calm and fast thinker! He got up, dressed, and went out the door to investigate...needless to say, everything was fine. No fire, just a downstairs neighbor who was smoking WAY too many cigarettes than humanly possible...we concluded that she must have been having a bad night to be up at such an ungodly hour smoking like a chimney!
After everything was clear, we settled back down to go back to sleep. I, of course, couldn't help but think of all the bad scenarios if there really was a fire when the alarm went off and what I would do if I was home alone, and so on. But then I remembered that I'm not allowed to play the "What If" game, cause that could go on forever.
Ok, so moral of the story is that this is a good reminder for us all to go over with our families the things we need to be prepared for in case of an emergency.
Here are two websites that can help you and your family think and come up with a plan for different types of emergencies. I'm sure there are many more out there, but it's a start!