Saturday, April 26, 2008

Derby MiniMarathon Finalist

This morning I ran the Derby MiniMarathon here in Louisville, KY. It was the first time I had ever ran that far in my life (13.1 miles)! It was pretty fun, and I definitely want to do it again. Overall there were 9385 MiniMarathon runners and 1206 Marathon runners...this event is obviously pretty huge...people come from all over the states to run it. One great thing abouth the race was that there were so many people on the sidelines cheering for us runners the whole length of the race...that was really neat and it definitely helped me to reach my goal!

I finished with a time of 1 hr. 54 min. 3 sec.

In my age group (women 20-24), I placed 83rd out of 587.
Here's me after the race...happy to be finished, refueling with some Starbucks! : )

And props to my husband for waking up early on his "Sleep-in Saturday" to take me to the starting line!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Yeah Case way to go..........

Beth said...

Wow! I am so proud of you. I don't think I could run 13 miles if my life depended on it. :) Great job!!