Sunday, December 12, 2010

Quick Little Hat

I made this hat last night for Callie, it took me about 30 minutes to complete from start to finish. Pretty great considering I ended up making two hats with the yarn which I got for 40% off! Two cute hats for $3.81 and 30 minutes of my time = success in my book!

I've made this hat several times in the past and last night when I made this one, I finally wrote down how I did it. Here it is:For a 9-12 months size:
*Ch2


*DC 8 st. into first st. to make a circle. Join with sl. st. Ch 2. (8)


*2 DC in each st., repeat around. Join with sl. st. Ch 2. (16)




*1 DC in first st. 2 DC in second st., repeat around. Join with sl. st. Ch. 2. (24)




*1 DC in first st., 1 DC in second st., 2 DC in third st., repeat around. Join with sl. st. Ch. 2. (32)




*1 DC in first st., 1 DC in second st., 1 Dc in third st., 2 DC in fourth st., repeat around. Join with sl. st. Ch. 2.




*1 DC in first st., 1 DC in second st., 1 Dc in third st., 1 DC in fourth st., 2 DC in fifth st., repeat around. Join with sl. st. Ch. 2.




*1 DC in each st. around for the next 5 rows or to desired length. Join with sl. st. Ch. 2.




*1 SC in each st. around for 2 rows.




Note: You can either add or subtract the amount of increase rows depending on the size hat that you want. For a newborn size do 4 increase rounds (ending with round 1DC, 1DC, 2DC). 8 rounds total of DC and 2 rounds of SC.





(Photo by Amber Middleton of Foxtree Photography)









P.S. I don't mind if you make this hat to sell or give to family/friends, but please just be sure to link back and give credit to where credit is due. Thanks!

11 comments:

KurtandKellie said...

So cute! I am definitely going to have to order one for Brielle when she comes.

KurtandKellie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Casey said...

Thank Kellie! :)

Olivia said...

Love the colors of this hat, what yarn did you use...if you remember :)

Mackenzie said...

What size of hook did you use?

Casey said...

Mackenzie - I used a J (6.0mm) hook.

Jan said...

Hi Casey. Loving this hat and put it on my Pinterest. Wondering what size hook you would use for a newborn!

Thanks
Jan

abc baby said...

i love this hat ... what did you use for yarn ?? was it a worsted 4 is looks like it might be bulky??

Sarah said...

GORGEOUS yarn where did you get it!?

Casey said...

The yarn I used is called "Violets Melody Bulky Yarn" by Yarn Bee.
You can find it at Hobby Lobby.

Sarah said...

I thought so! Yay guess its back to Hobby Lobby I go! This will be my 3rd hat in 3 days! I just started! I'm a little dumb when it comes to understanding increase rows...my daughter is 13 months (May be a dumb question) how do I make it bigger where are the increased rows?